On this page

Lead Paint Removal FAQs

Is Lead Paint Dangerous?

Is Lead Paint Dangerous?

Yes. Lead is highly toxic and can cause a range of health issues in adults but especially in young children. When absorbed into the body, lead can cause damage to the blood, brain, kidneys and other vital organs – damage which can prove fatal. If you suspect your home or commercial building contains lead paint, it is important to act fast.

How do you Get Rid of Lead Paint?

How do you Get Rid of Lead Paint?

Working with lead paint can be dangerous, especially if you are trying to remove it. Removal can also be a long and difficult task. For the best and safest results, we would urge you to contact Lead Paint Removal professionals.

How Much Does it Cost to Have a Lead Paint Inspection? And How Much Does it Cost to Remove Lead Paint?

How Much Does it Cost to Have a Lead Paint Inspection? And How Much Does it Cost to Remove Lead Paint?

Quotes for lead paint inspections and removals are carried out on a case by case basis and will correlate to the size and scale of the project. If you would like a quote from us, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Is it Safe to Paint Over Lead Paint?

Is it Safe to Paint Over Lead Paint?

If the wall in question is in poor condition, painting over is not advisable. However, if the wall and paint are in good condition, you can paint over it. To ensure the fumes, particles, and toxins from the lead paint are contained, you will need to use a special paint called encapsulant.

Is Sanding Lead Paint Dangerous?

Is Sanding Lead Paint Dangerous?

Sanding lead paint releases toxin containing dust into the air, this can then be easily breathed in and lead to potentially fatal lead poisoning. For this reason, lead paint should not be sanded.

Do All Homes Built Before 1978 Have Lead Paint?

Do All Homes Built Before 1978 Have Lead Paint?

Whilst not all homes built before 1978  will have lead paint, it is highly likely.  The lead paint might be hidden under layers of newer and safer paint, but unless a layer of encapsulant has been applied, it could still be off-gassing dangerous toxins into your home.

Is Lead Poisoning Permanent?

Is Lead Poisoning Permanent?

Whilst lead poisoning itself is not permanent, complete recovery could take months or even year and you could be left permanent damage to your brain, speech, nerves and other organs. Children are particularly vulnerable to lead poisoning and could experience developmental problems as well as physical growth issues as a result of lead poisoning.

Get In Touch

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.